Starting your carrier as a Developer with VsCode? then you are at the right place. Here is the list of 5 Must have plugins for VsCode. By the way, I hope you are aware of what Vscode is. If not, Scroll down to learn more ↓
List of Contents
Vscode is one of the most popular code editors among developers, thanks to its fast performance, powerful features, and extensive plugin ecosystem. It is highly customizable and configurable, making it the most loved choice for developers of all levels. Some of the key features of Vscode include an intuitive interface, advanced debugging, integrated source control and support for multiple languages and frameworks.
Before moving into the 5 Must have plugins for VsCode, let’s see how we can search and install plugins for VsCode.
Installing Plugins in VsCode
Installing plugins in VsCode is a straightforward process. I’ll help you with some steps to install a plugin.
- Open VsCode and navigate to the extensions view by clicking on the Extensions icon in the Activity Bar on the Left side of the screen, or by pressing Cmd + shift + X on a mac and Ctrl + Shift + X on windows.
- In the Extensions view, you can search for a plugin by its name or author through the search bar.
- When you find the plugin you want to install, click the Install button.
- To make the plugin take full effect, you may need to restart VsCode once the installation is complete.
- After installing the plugin, you can activate it by clicking on the Enable button.
- Some Plugins May require additional setup or additional configuration. If you need more clarity on the configurations, check the documentation or the plugin page on the VsCode marketplace.
Now, let us move to the Top 5 Plugins in VsCode.
TOP 5 Plugins in VSCode
Prettier is a plugin which automatically formats your code according to a set of rules, making it easier to read and maintain.
It supports a wide range of languages and can be configured to work with your existing code formatting conventions. This plugin is not just for VsCode, it also supports Atom, Sublime Text etc… To install Prettier on your IDE, click on the below button
Ever wondered if there is an option to run your application on a local web server? This live server plugin allows you to run a local web server directly from VsCode, making it easy to test your web projects without having to set up a separate server.
To visit the official VsCode marketplace for Live Server, click the below button and it will redirect you to the page.
ESLint checks your code for potential errors and warnings. This helps you to write better-quality code. ESLint can also be integrated with Prettier to ensure that your code is both error-free and well-formatted.
To Visit ESLint’s official page in the VsCode, click the button below and it will redirect you there.
Git Lens provides an enhanced Git experience in VsCode, including visualizations of your Git repository and advanced blame and history features. It’s an awesome tool if you are working on a project which has its repository with Git-hub.
To configure Git Lens with VsCode, check out this video from the official handle – How to Configure Git Lens?
To get the latest version of Git Lens Signup using the below button,
Visual Studio IntelliCode
Have you ever wondered if there is something that can help us with the completion of our code based on the context? Yes, here it is…
This plugin provides intelligent code completions based on the context of your code, making it easier to write code quickly and accurately. Check out the official page to know more about its ability to assist you by clicking on the below button.
One of the most needed plugins out there. It’s an AI-assisted plugin.
Here you go, wishing you the best of luck in your journey as a developer. Hope these Top 5 must-have plugins for VsCode help you become a more efficient and productive developer. See you all in another post.
If you are new here, Join my newsletter for more articles related to various topics.
Like this Post? Do share it with your friends
Continue reading my posts on-
- Unlocking the Potential of ChatGPT
- How to Create a React App in 4 Steps
- Travel, Thunderbird and Coffee
- How To Automate Your Work With Zapier And WPForms
- Importance of Having a Portfolio